he world is not only hungry,but also is short of thewater.This may sound strange for 70% of the surfaceof the use is covered by water.But 97% of this is seawater or soft water.Man can only use the other 3%fresh water that country rivers,lakes and from otherground and we can't ever use all of that becausesome of them are the iceberges and glaciers. What'sworse, some of the fresh water has been polluted.Ourneed of water is increasing rapidly day by day. So we should take the measures to solve theproblem.
On the Internet
The Internet is becoming more and more important in our daily life. On the net, we can learn news both at home and abroad and all kinds of other information as well. We can also send messages by e-mail, make phone calls, go to net school, read different kinds of books and learn foreign languages by ourselves. Besides, we can enjoy music, watch sports matches and play chess or cards. On the net, we can even do shopping, have a chat with others and make friends with them. In a word, the Internet has made our life more colourful.
In my life, I am proud of having a happy family. I have a kind father, strict mother and a naught little brother. As most other families, there are laughs and tears at my home. My father is friendly to others. Our neighbors speak highly of him. Mother is strict to me and my little brother. She has high expectation to us, wanting us to have bright future. My little brother is a primary school student, but he doesn’t work very hard. All he wants is playing with his friends. It worries my parents a lot. But in general, we have more laughs than tears. I love my lovely family.
We are having good living condition.
And most of us are the only child in the family.
Our parents love us so much that we can have what we want.
But some of our classmates don’t take good care of these things.
They throw away their pen and paper.
Some of them even waste food.
I think it is bad habit.
As students, we should make full use of what we are given.
If we don’t need something, we can give it to those who are in great need.
It’s important to save the resources and it’s also our duty.
Recently, we have little time to keep close contact with nature.
We spend too much time on study or working.
We almost forget that how green the grass is, how beautiful the flowers are, and how sweetly the birds are singing outside our windows.
A saying goes, "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy". It means that we need to relax ourselves and go out to breathe more fresh air.
We can also climb a hill in the suburbs.It's good for our health.
Let's go outing.
The spring Festival is coming soon! The festivel is considereded the most important one for Chinese people. It is on the first day of lunar year. It is also the day of reunion among family members. During these days, people would say "happy new year! or wish you make fortune!
to each other. They would also visit their relatives and friends. Children would be given "red packets". Children would have more to eat and play than usual.Playing firecrackers is also a popular game for children.
我曾认识的一个人A Person I knew
Loose，wavy brown hair hung down to her waist at the back——she had a fringe over her forehead that almost hid her pale eyes。The nose——not her best feature——was long but not ugly。She had a regular set of white teeth and was full—lipped。
Her round face often looked rather sallow in complexion；she wasnt very tall or slim，and she walked with slightly—rounded shoulders。When I knew her，she must have been in her early thirties，about thirty—fifth even—and she even had one or two tell—tale wrinkles round the mouth。